... and I keep dancing

Welcome to my Argentine Tango blog! I began this blog about a year after starting to dance Argentine Tango. That year had been both wonderful and frustrating. I started recording my progress and feelings from that point on... and both wonder and frustration have continued, only even more intensely.


Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Tango High

I had never seen her before, but she smiled at me from a distance. After a moment of hesitation I interpreted her smile as a "cabaseo" and I invited her to dance. Without hesitation she gave herself to the close embrace and to the dance with an abandon I had never quite experienced before. Our dance was not always smooth but it was both soft and energetic, always centered around a committed close embrace, and accepting of small slip-ups. She was always smiling and seemingly determined to make the best possible dance happen between us. I found myself becoming aroused and trying to dance in ways that would help me hide it. I'm not sure I succeeded, but she continued to seem comfortable. I thanked her at the cortina, then I danced with her once more at the final tenda. The experience was equally great.

Unfortunately she was from out of town, so I may never see her again, but I gave her my card in case she comes around again...

No comments: