... and I keep dancing

Welcome to my Argentine Tango blog! I began this blog about a year after starting to dance Argentine Tango. That year had been both wonderful and frustrating. I started recording my progress and feelings from that point on... and both wonder and frustration have continued, only even more intensely.


Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tango in Milan and Modena

The main link for Milan's tango was this:
http://milongheamilano.blogspot.com/

I managed to go to these venues:

Wed 6/2 Caffe' Caribe,  Very nice venue lounge style, but large floor with bar. Traditional tango. Good level.
















Fri 6/4 Comuna Baires. "performance in the round" place  for theater events; separate eating area with large tables. Projection screen. Cool place, but crowded and "messy floorcraft".


































Sat 6/5 Modena:  Circolo Gardel (via Ungheria 2). Nice industrial place. Dinner included outside the place after class. Made good people connections. Great place.






















Sun 6/7 Sentimento Gaucho (back in Milan) - Gorgeous large classical hall.  Lots of room to dance and made good connections. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures while people were dancing.





Mon 6/8 Comuna Baires: this time "tango nuevo"  ... (see pics above).  Unfortunately the music was very mixed and disorganized.  I don't have problems dancing to non-traditional music, but in this case
it really came out "at random" fast, slow, completely different moods, no tandas of any kind. I found it hard to focus and dance at my best.

Thu 6/10 La Casa del Tango,  also in the nice "Navigli" area.  This was a restaurant with a nice dance and bar area upstairs. Somehow the dancing level seemed lower than in the other venues, or I was simply very unlucky.  My first three partners told me they were "beginners" ... and they were. Finally I recognized a lady from "Sentimento Gaucho" and had a good dance.  I am sure I could have had a good time with more time to know the dancers, but unfortunately I had to leave early.



Overall dancing in Milan (amd Modena) was just great. I can't wait for my next visit.

1 comment:

Silvano Colombano said...

Cari Oscar e Maria:

Grazie per l'offerta del link. Mi piace molto e l'ho aggiunto al mio blog.

Contraccambio l'offerta di visita se venite a San Francisco!!

-- Silvano