... and I keep dancing

Welcome to my Argentine Tango blog! I began this blog about a year after starting to dance Argentine Tango. That year had been both wonderful and frustrating. I started recording my progress and feelings from that point on... and both wonder and frustration have continued, only even more intensely.


Thursday, November 15, 2007

A tighter dance

My steps are getting "tighter" and more confident. I can handle a crowded floor with many quick turns in both directions and quick steps in and out of the cross system. Sometimes I follow some advanced leaders in the line of dance and I find that I can reproduce their steps exactly. I do that that for brief periods, just to check myself, Then of course I go back to trying to interpret the music as I hear it. A friend I had not danced with for a while commented on my improvement, and it felt good.

No comments: